This pressure cooker beef bourguignon has all the right flavours and is inspired by Julia Child’s beef stew with red wine and has tender, fall apart beef chunks. Easy and fast because its made in an Instant Pot but with the same flavours!
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Kg/ 2 pounds Beef Chunks (I used chuck)
- 6 Bacon Strips, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped Garlic
- 2 cups peeled Pearl Onions
- 2 cups Button Mushrooms, halved
- 2 Carrots, thickly sliced diagonally
- 2 cups dry Red Wine
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken or Beef Broth
- 1 tablespoon dry Thyme
- 1 Bayleaf
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Corn Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sear the beef: In a pan, heat oil and butter and brown the beef on high heat in batches. It’s important not to overcrowd the pan, and keep the heat really high so that the beef browns without cooking on the inside. Once all the beef is browned, set it aside.
- Saute: In the same pan, add bacon and cook it for 2-3 minutes till cooked, but not crispy. Remove the bacon and blot out half the fat with a paper towel. Add the garlic, pearl onions, mushrooms and carrots and cook on high heat for a minute or two while tossing them around in the pan. Turn on the saute function on the Instant pot and transfer the veggies to the IP.
- Visit Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon@myfoodstory.com For Recipe Instructions.